Clove and honey gammon with seasonal vegetables
- For the honey glaze:
- 50ml honey or marmalade
- 20g demerara sugar
- 10g mustard powder
- 15ml vinegar
- 10ml worcester sauce
- 1/2 tspn mixed spice
- 1/2 tspn ground ginger
- 1/2 tspn ground cinnamon
Cooking times: 850g joint - 1hr, 2kg joint - 2.5hrs or 3kg joint - 3.5hrs
- Place joint in roasting tin and cover loosely with tinfoil. 190oC/Fan 170oC, Gas 5 for 30 mins per 500g plus extra 30mins.
- Mix glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Remove the joint from oven 30 mins before end of cooking time. Remove the rind and diamond score remaining fat.
- Place a whole clove into the centre of each diamond and pour the glaze mix over the scored area. Spread evenly with the back of a tablespoon.
- Place glazed joint back into oven for remaining cooking time.
- Once cooked allow to stand for 10 mins.
- Place the Gammon joint on a large serving plate and carve half the joint, allowing the slices to fold and fan out on the plate.